Sunday, August 3, 2008

Missed Opportunities....Cleveland Park, DC


So I'm strolling through Cleveland Park, on my way to the National Cathedral, because it is way tite, and I see this lady wearing a flowy white dress, fabulous sandals, gorgeous turquoise dangly earrings and this sort of headwrap. Very summer, very not DC. She just had this distinct aura about her (far out man, I know). I could tell she was foreign, which was confirmed when I overheard her talking on her phone, I think she was booking a gig. So she was all up in her phone and it is basic street stalker etiquette to not interrupt subjects whilst they are otherwise occupied with technology, be it chatting on the phone or texting (which is VERY dangerous, by the way). So I'm sort of lingering by her but then she turns the corner and I have to go a different way and I'm all AAAAGH and then take a stalker picture (seen above) and leave, tears sploshing upon the sun-baked city pavement.
Dear fabulous troubadouress:
I am sorry you never got the opportunity to appear in more detail on my blog, perhaps in a less stalkery context. Write a sad, sad song about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NOOOO!
heehee im glad you at least got a stalker picture :)

p.s. im going to maine tomorrow and imna MISS YOU!!
I'll try to take some pictures because i'm working in the costume dept. at a theater,so i dunno maybe there will be cool costumer styles or something