Sunday, March 30, 2008

Absolutely Fabulous, hon!

Hey kids, time for the s-word again, but to say a last goodbye to spring break I will tell you about my fabulous day in BALTIMORE!

Yes, while you kittens were in London or Dysfunctional Central American Island of your choice, I was in Charm City. Haha, who knew it was called Charm City? Ace of Cakes makes so much more sense now. Ace of Cakes is a great show. It is probably my second favorite reality show to the exalted Project Runway.

Speaking of PROJECT RUNWAY (fabulous segue, no? soak it in.) I watched the brilliant first season over break and I found it very inspirational. (Combined with my viewing of Remember the Titans, this must be the most inspirational week ever for me.) In particular, I was inspired by one Austin Scarlett, the living embodiment of fabulosity.



This is when Project Rungay dubbed him the "Gaylai Lama."


The point is, to some extent Austin's Bravo-imposed moniker is true. He is an artist, and his true art is in his personal style. Without fail, Austin would show up in full makeup every day with these beautiful, unique outfits (never forgetting the matching glasses.) Something he's said in several interviews really just sums up his personal style: "Life is too short to not be fabulous."


So on Friday when J came over to visit me, I took these words to heart. And so began our 3 hour sojourn in the amazing Baltimore consignment shop FASHION ATTIC (Whenever you get to Baltimore or your life sucks and you end up at UMBC I encourage you to go there.) If my life was a (mundane, 12 hour) movie, these few hours would be a montage set to something appropriately cliche like Material Girl or Girls Just want to Have Fun. That, or the Top Model theme song.


The store lady was so nice. We were the only people in the store and from time to time she'd just pass by us and give us a little "I should have gone into real estate" smile. In the end, however, I compiled this fabulous little outfit I will share with you all:

To-Die for Free People Skirt: $28
Baptist Churchlady Hat: $12
Nine West heels: $18
Having a fabulous day on the town with your friend: Priceless


Oh, and a little slice of home:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh hon! ab fab indeed. some comments:
Ace of Cakes is possibly the greatest show ever
Baltimore is a trashy paradise, especially for vintage shopping
Austin is beautiful
that outfit is FIERCE
Finally, the Blartorialist appears on her own blog!
- nels bex

Anonymous said...

fab times! i'm so excited for pirate day. we should revisit the attic.

i love that hat. love. it. when its spirit week and they take away the no hat rule, you should just wear it every day, regardless of the theme. no lie.

Anonymous said...

latte you need to update!
i love reading your blog and you know how i bored i get with fashion

Unknown said...

that picture of you with the hot outfit tis my favorite thing!
you are so adorable and awesome.
p.s. im totes coming to pirate day, j told me about it :)